Good Nutrition Good Health
Eating well, along with physical activity and exercise, reduces your risk for chronic disease, increases your energy and helps you maintain a healthy weight. Two out of three Americans are obese or overweight, which can lead to high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, Type 2 diabetes, and certain types of cancer. In poor and minority communities, obesity is even more common.
The DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) nutrition plan provides simple, easy-to-follow guidelines to improve your eating habits. Click below to see our DASH videos.
Today is the best time to start becoming a healthier you. With DASH you don’t count calories or points!
- Eat more fruit, vegetables, and whole grains
- Look for dairy products that low-fat and non-fat
- Limit total fat, saturated fat and cholesterol
- Cut back on salt and sugar
- Eat no more than 6 ounces of lean meat, fish or poultry daily
- Drink water instead of juice and soda
Most Recent DASH Blog Posts
DASH is recommended for helping individuals:
- Lower high blood pressure
- Reduce the risk of stroke
- Reduce the risk of heart disease and heart failure
- Prevent and manage diabetes
- Maintain a healthy weight