It’s the season for colds, flu and even pneumonia – and ACP is no exception. Especially with our open workspace, it is important that everyone take precautions to stay well.
WASH YOUR HANDS FREQUENTLY.
It is your best protection from the common cold and flu. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
- 80% of contagious diseases are transmitted by touch.
- Washing with warm water and soap, followed by thorough rinsing and drying, can get rid of most potentially harmful germs.
GET A FLU SHOT! It’s Not Too Late!
If You Don’t Feel Well…
- Don’t be a hero. Stay home if you have a fever.
- If symptoms persist, see your doctor promptly if you:
- Have a high fever
- Have shaking chills
- Have a cough with phlegm that doesn’t improve or gets worse
- Develop shortness of breath with normal daily activities
- Have chest pain when you breathe or cough
- Feel suddenly worse after a cold or the flu
Flu and Pneumonia can be very serious and even life threatening. Take good care of yourself!
Diego Ponieman, M.D., M.P.H.
ACP Chief Medical Officer